Thursday, November 11, 2010

Relationships in 2010.

Dating?
Sure.
I'll meet you online.
May be on wow, may be on facebook,may be on a forum.
We'll talk. Or rather,tele-talk.
Of course from a distance silly, this is the era of tele-, didn't you know?
I'll meet you from afar.
I'll talk to you from afar.
I'll see you from afar.
I'll learn you from afar.
I'll like you from afar.
I'll love you from afar.
Hey,I can even fuck you from afar.

Tsk. Of course none of it is going to be real.
Reality requires the body, all senses present.
But that's sooooo last generation.
Today we have the internet baby.
Sure,I'll meet you up close.
But not too often,yeah?
Can't take proximity for too long y'know.
The honey goes bad.
And if it doesn't work...hey, no harm done.
I'll just press delete like I do with my PC.
Or my mac ok,don't be a stickler,that's not the point anyway!
I try you, and if it doesn't work out,whooosh!
Off to the next one, I'll never stop for a minute to look back and THINK, FEEL, try and figure out what the hell happened.
Yeah yeah, so what if I did feel some things for you at that time, that's all in the past now, and we gotta move on, you know.
Look back and try to learn?
Nooooo, never.
History repeats itself cause humans repeat themselves.
Even more so now!
Cause this is the tele-age baby, no silly, the information age is so 90s, where have you been for the last 15 years honest!
What? Commitment? Stability? Security? LOL!
What are you talking about!
These things are the past honey, today everything is liquid, yeah baby, liquid. there's no such thing as security and stability,I mean, in 2010 you become an adult at thirty six, you will do countless of jobs in your life and all very different,and most likely your work will be project-based, today you are here the next day you're elsewhere, that flexibility requires no bonds, no commitment, cause how else can you be flexible hmmm?
You gotta be liquid, baby.
LIQUID!


So come on.
Love me for a year.
Next one,I'm gone.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't read Zygmunt Bauman's "Liquid Modernity" and/or "Liquid Love", do yourselves a favour and do so.

The post is, of course, made out of my own ramblings, that man is a genius.

And this...is my dance.