Saturday, July 07, 2012

Awaken the Guardian

I bought a dress.
"Big deal", I hear you thinking.
May be.

Last time I wore a dress, think I was... eight years old. May be ten. Around there. After that, I for ever banished them from my life - though I love them.
Why? The usual reasons. Tired of mentioning them again.

But this time..I couldn't resist. Tried it on, and it looked so good I couldn't believe my eyes. I couldn't even believe that was me in the mirror.

So.. feminine.


This country suits me, I can feel it. I get the way it works, the way people are, the communication loopholes and codes. I got the temp job for the Olympics starting soon, and a promising interview at the end of the month. I feel safe living with the guys, and actually enjoy it.

And then, of course, there's Luke.

He's coming over on Thursday. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I so want to meet him. He seems...different. Feels, different. None of Alex's manipulative nature and none of Elan's cowardice.

So many things to look forward to, so many things to dream about. So many things to work towards, to strive for.




It feels good, to feel alive again.