Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life.

We're amazing creatures, human beings.

We have the power to create the most amazing, beautiful, spectacular things and in the same breath the most destructive, terrible ones.

Small gods in our own right.

I realized from a very young age that I was one of those people that can see beauty everywhere around them. May be cause I needed to, to escape, or to hang onto something in my darkest times. But I can still see it. I can see beauty in a tree, in a flower, in human beings, in a team, in the little and the bigger things.

Human beings fascinate me, we're one of  the most complex organisms on this planet. By probability alone we shouldn't even exist, yet we are. Life, in all its grandeur, is a statistical error. It shouldn't even be here. Yet here it is, everywhere.

I don't know if I believe in God/Buddha/whatever. I believe there's something out there, primarily cause I've felt it, in two circumstances in my life that were the closest to what I would call a spiritual experience. I won't talk about them here, they belong in that sphere of highly personal experiences.

What I most definitely believe in though, is the strength of human beings. Our ingenuity, our resilience, our creativity, they leave me in awe. Same way that our darker sides leave me despairing when the monster in us all comes out.

Lately I've been thinking a lot about love and companionship and life and redefining a number of things inside of me, as I tend to do after something important touches my life. And I've come to realize that, even though I know I can love and I can be loved, that saying is true : in love, glory and death, we are alone.

In love, in glory and in death, we are alone.






But let me come along anyway.