Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Φωτιά.

I look in the mirror.

It's been a while.


I eye my figure over. Who would know I'd be an hourglass after all?

The most coveted shape,apparently.

Oh well - I like it, that's what matters.

The regime is going well - slow but steady.
I can see I'll need to start swimming again in the future - but that's not a bad thing. I missed it.

For now, focus.

I'm not sleeping alone tonight, I hear the thought in my head.



Black lace, that always does it.
Once lingerie's sorted, I look at my wardrobe.


A dress.

The bodycon one, figure hugging.

Red and black.

Like fire.

I slip it on and check my figure yet again.

Is that a smile?

I reach for my boots.

Red suede, 8.5cm heel height long boots.


I look in the mirror again.


It's not change, it's different.

It's like this is who I always was, but was buried beneath all that baggage.

A long way to go still, and I don't know if I'll make it.

But tonight, I will walk the walk.



Cause I can.




Βάλε φωτιά σ' 'ο,τι σε καίει σ' ό,τι σού τρώει την ψυχή
Έξω οι δρόμοι αναπνέουν διψασμένοι, ανοιχτοί.