Friday, March 18, 2011
Once Upon A Time..
So.
We were somewhere in Greece,no idea where, but it was not Athens.
Norhtern Greece,there was a mountain,and the villages on and around it were the typical Northern Greek ones-lovely,really,nothing like Athens!
E: Ooohh...
We arrived there by bus,and we were just walking around the country roads,and you seemed pleasantly surprised by what you saw.
At some point we reached a building that was the facility for a natural warm springs location,and you could just go in there and stay for as long as you wanted. When I saw it,I started jumping up and down for some reason,apparently I had been there when I was a kid with my parents,and had loved it,then completely forgotten about it!
So I started telling you about how good it had been and pestering you really,so,we went!
Next scene,playing around with the bubbles the natural hot springs made,and throwing mud at each other's faces.
E: *chuckle* awesome!
Yeah it was,I still have the image of you covered in black mud in my mind.
PRICELESS!
E: I AM THE MUD KING!
After that,we got hungry,so we headed to the nearest village. We found this really traditional-looking taverna and went there. We chose a table by a wall,that had a surreal,spiraling wooden staircase going down at one end.
E: Very twilight zone... I am so expecting something to happen...
Yeah,it did.
E: Anyway - sorry - go on.
You left me to order what I thought would be good,being the native and all. So when this lady came to take our order,I placed it,but was explaining to you what each dish was,so as to give you an idea,and the possibility to object in case something was too much.
When she left, we started talking,about everything,but something had changed,I could feel it,as if there was something bothering you. I asked,and after some more prodding you told me.
"I'm really enjoying this Fay,it's all just amazing and I'm having a really good time...But when I heard you talking about and ordering zucchini balls,I just...felt very alone,all of a sudden. So damn alone."
I think you also pointed at your stomach at that point,not sure though.
Okay that's probably one of the silliest lines ever,BUT!
In my dream,it gutted me.
It literally crumbled me to pieces. So I stood up,and started going down the spiraling staircase that was just there.
E: Hm... that's, if you don't mind me saying, fascinating
I wonder why,tell me once I've finished!
E: Not that I for a moment enjoy the thought of any apparition with my visage causing you any form of discomfort or such...
You just hate zucchini balls,I know!
Anyway!
E: But zucchini is a delicious vegetable...
E: anyway, do go on!
Down and down the staircase,for a long time indeed. It lead...to a street,surprisingly enough. A cobblestone,upward leading street that ended somewhere in a mountain. It was cold,but I took it anyway.
I started walking,pulling my coat around myself,looking down in the beginning,feeling bitter and disappointed and...sad,really. Yeah,that's it,sadness was the prevalent emotion. I kept walking and walking and then I passed outside one of those traditional bakeries that exists in villages like that. Someone from inside saw me,and came out to give me a big rusk,something typical we have here in Greece. He even showed me where I could wet it,in a natural spring coming from the mountain,to make it easier to eat it. I thanked him,he had the kindest eyes,took the rusk,wetted it,and started munching at it as I kept on walking.
E: *listens intently*
I started lifting my head slowly,looking around me again. The scenery was magnificent,I have it in my mind still. The mountain in front,its summits covered in snow,mist in the lower parts. The sky was white with clouds,and it was really cold,but somehow I loved it. I freaking loved it,as if it was awakening me.
I ended up smiling.
And as I started smiling,I stopped,looked up,smiled again,and then started walking back.
I took the road back,reached the staircase,climbed it,and when I reached the top,even though it felt as if an age had passed,you were still sitting at the table.
I pulled out a chair and sat next to you. We didn't utter a single word. Nothing. We were just looking at each other.
And then the bunch of my friends magically appeared,some through the door some from the spiralling staircase,shouting and laughing and affectionately swearing at us for having disappeared on them. They had been looking for us. They pulled another table next to ours,joined us,and it all became a feast.
E: That - wow... I think that- that's beautiful.
I rarely remember my dreams,I'm really glad I remembered this one.
E: I can understand that.
And I really felt I should tell you this. So there!
E: I am quite gob-smacked.. Just composing myself again... thank you for sharing that with me! It brightens the day!
Most welcome E.
Thanks for listening.

1 comments (+add yours?)
"I live in a world of fantasy
So keep your reality away from me
I see what I want
I want what I see
And that is all okay by me"
Α ρε Elan..
Post a Comment