Monday, August 12, 2013
On being shallow.
It makes me laugh, really. I see an entire generation thinking it has a life just cause it uploads photos of being somewhere and doing something with some people on FB, Tumblr, you name it. Everyone is so busy showing off, thinking they actually matter, they are super cool or don't know what by creating this fake, shiny but completely void of any substance virtual facade. And meanwhile, loneliness reigns supreme.
Life happens. Wake the fuck up. Just cause you upload a photo of you doing something somewhere doesn't mean anything. How many times have you actually gone out but had a crappy time? How many times were you surrounded by people but felt completely and utterly alone? You think that uploading a stupid photo of this or that will actually matter to anyone? You think that just cause you present this shiny image, people fall for it? Wake the fuck up. It's the substance of things that matters, genuine & real emotions, genuine sharing, not the portrait of it you paint for someone else. The best times in my life have and will be private, never to be seen by anyone apart from me and the ones involved, and they're so sacred I'd never submit them to the eyes - and thus the judgement- of strangers. Yes, strangers. For what do half of the people so delusively called "friends" even know about me, about who I am, how I think, what I've been through and the struggles and fights I've fought? They know nothing. Cause these are for the very few that have stood by me and will stand by me, they are sacred & private and I will protect them with everything I've got. Cause I'm not interested in the facade, in the image, I ache for substance and genuine emotions, for things that really matter and leave their marks on you, not for the easy, the futile and the superficial.
Go ahead. Go ahead then. Post it all, post your girlfriends and the ones you fuck and the ones you don't, and happy moments together around the world and shout to the world how now you're doing this and tomorrow you're doing that and seek their attention. Can't you see how empty all that is? Can't you see how it SCREAMS of insecurity and of someone who simply cannot exist without the attention of others? Of someone with no substance?
You think I'm jealous? Bitter?
Think again.
For all I feel is pity.
Such vanity.
Everything for the image.
Go ahead then.
Keep on posting.
I'll be right here, living my life.
For real.
