Monday, February 25, 2008

Soliloquy

I've always feared that being and living alone is gonna turn me into a socially handicapped person, a person that seizes to feel any kind of compassion and understanding for the human species,a person that's angry and bitter,finding comfort only when embraced by nature and animals, slowly losing all capability to bond and form emotional attachments with other humans.

On the contrary,being and living alone has had a profound effect on me. I yearn for emotional and physical contact in a way I never thought possible. Things I used to take for granted now are valuable and single moments in time. A caress, an embrace, a warm look in the eye, full of tenderness, are valuable moments i cherish and hold inside of me like the most valuable treasure.

Yes,I'm lonely,I might as well admit it. I crave for human warmth, it's irreplaceable, and even that, is something I had to learn all over again.

Yes, I can manage alone. I can even live alone.

But I don't want to.


Baby steps then, baby steps to find my balance with the world again :)

2 comments (+add yours?)

tuco said...

you 'll never walk alone...as Liverpool fans say.
Loneliness is the last step to eqilibrium...as the great philosopher Tuco, says.

Άμα δεν παινέψεις το σπίτι σου...

KISSES FROM THE WARM SOUTH!!!!!!!!

Lucia said...

Είσαι ένα παιδί με πολύ έντονη, διαυγέστατη και δυνατή συναισθηματική ευφυία!!!!!
ΑΝΤΕ!